Public Records Requests for the OBIS Database
The June 2023 OBIS Database is now available for download in multiple formats.
- Microsoft Access Database. The database contains the complete publicly available OBIS database. Inmate (Active), Inmate (Release), and Offender data. Warning: this is a very large (1.2 GB) Microsoft Access database file. When you click the download link you will see a warning that the file is too large to scan with the automatic virus scanner. Click the "download anyway" link to download the file.
The tables and fields available are listed here.
Microsoft Excel. Each file has multiple worksheets as listed. Download all three files to obtain the complete publicly available OBIS Database.
- Inmate (Active): Root, Alias, Offenses_CPS, Offenses_PRPR, Detainers, Incarhist
- Inmate (Release): Root, Alias, Offenses_CPS, Offenses_PRPR, Detainers, Incarhist. The number of records for the Alias and Offenses_CPS data exceeds Microsoft Excel's worksheet limit, so these are continued on additional worksheets within the Excel file. This Excel file is zipped for downloading.
- Offender: Root, Offenses_CCS
Tab-delimited Text File (zipped). Each zip file has multiple tab-delimited text files as listed. Download all three files to obtain the complete publicly available OBIS Database.
- Inmate (Active): Root, Aliases, Offenses_CPS, Offenses_PRPR, Detainers, Incarhist
- Inmate (Release): Root, Aliases, Offenses_CPS, Offenses_PRPR, Detainers, Incarhist
- Offender: Root, Aliases, Offenses_CCS
This is our current version of information provided for public records requests for the complete OBIS database. The DB2 database is very complex and contains significant confidential information, therefore requests have to be limited in size and scope. The data we are providing contains the following data files and corresponds to information available on our public website. To understand the information, you should examine sample records available through our online Offender Search database.
This information is updated monthly, on or about the first of each month.
The tables and fields below correspond to blocks of information available when viewing the record for someone under the inmate releases, supervised population, or inmate population. For a list of the tables and data elements contained in each table, click here to download.
We have found that this information is generally what requesters are looking for.
Inmate_release_root : Basic inmate information on inmates released since 10-1-1997
Inmate_release_aliases: Aliases for these released inmates
Inmate_release_offenses_CPS: Current prison offenses for these released inmates
Inmate_release_offenses_prpr: Prior prison offenses for these released inmates
Inmate_release_detainers: Detainers for these released inmates
Inmate_release_incarhist: Incarceration history for these released inmates
Inmate_active_root: Basic inmate information on active inmates
Inmate_active_aliases: Aliases for these active inmates
Inmate_active_offenses_CPS: Current prison offenses for these active inmates
Inmate_active_offenses_prpr: Prior prison offenses for these active inmates
Inmate_active_detainers: Detainers for these active inmates
Inmate_active_incarhist: Incarceration history for these active inmates
Offender_root: Basic offender information on current community supervision offenders
Offender_aliases: Aliases for offenders
Offender_offenses_CCS: Current community supervision offenses for offenders
All sealed and expunged records have been deleted from the datasets. No confidential data is included.
The Florida Department of Corrections updates this information regularly, to ensure that it is complete and accurate; however this information can change quickly. Therefore, the information in this file may not reflect the true current location, status, release date, or other information regarding an inmate.
This database contains public record information on felony offenders sentenced to the Department of Corrections. This information only includes offenders sentenced to state prison or state supervision. Information contained herein includes current and prior offenses.
Offense types include related crimes such as attempts, conspiracies and solicitations to commit crimes. Information on offenders sentenced to county jail, county probation, or any other form of supervision is not contained. The information is derived from court records provided to the Department of Corrections and is made available as a public service to interested citizens. The Department of Corrections makes no guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained herein. Any person who believes information provided is not accurate may contact the Department of Corrections. The Florida Department of Corrections is not responsible for misinterpretation or inaccurate reporting by entities or persons utilizing this information.